Right now my project is to import everything useful from http://wiki.techno-fandom.org/ so that site can be deprecated as an information source. I am also migrating large quantities of generally useful information from the Drupal instance at staff.arisia.org (not a public resource, sorry).
- Dumb question, but, "what if any, are the copyright concerns?" --Bill Taylor 11:51, 29 January 2007 (PST)
- The stuff coming from staff.arisia.org is material I wrote myself and which I am placing in the public domain by importing it here. That applies to much of the material on wiki.techno-fandom.org as well, but not all of it; I believe the other authors considered themselves to be contributing public information on behalf of Arisia and I am acting on Arisia's behalf by moving it here, but this is not made explicit on the source wiki. Some of the other authors are active here, and I can ask them to import the information themselves if that would be preferable. --phi 12:24, 29 January 2007 (PST)
- I'm pretty flexible. I just didn't know how open the source material was. I was thinking a release statement would be enough, but I have no idea where to put it. I suppose a warning to the known contributors, than maybe a note in the Arisia article. --Bill Taylor 13:56, 29 January 2007 (PST)
- OK, I've spoken to all the original authors except for Carsten Turner who wrote Logistics, and I'll speak to him on Sunday. I have plenty to keep me busy going forward just with material I wrote myself. At some future point I expect Arisia will have a formal vote to authorize wholesale migration of material owned by the organization; do you have any thoughts on the particular wording we should use? --phi 12:29, 30 January 2007 (PST)
- The best would be a blanket statement that says anything owned by Arisia is now owned by Conrunner.net. :) More realisitcally, just a statement that Conrunner has permission to post Arisia's information from its former database [insert name(s) here] using the Conrunner copyright. I'll figure a way to put it into the Copyrights page. --Bill Taylor 18:47, 30 January 2007 (PST)
I just uploaded a couple of floorplan layouts; I measured and drew these floorplans myself. I see that there are no actual options in the licensing pulldown for file uploads. I'd be happy to update the licensing once there are some appropriate options there.